What I will write in this blog

This is a central reservoir for general notes emerging from the non-corporative side of my life. These notes will document my ideas, the books/articles I read, the conversations that I may have leading to concepts, etc.

See the Content gadget on the right-hand side for a list of topics that you will find in this blog.






Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Wikinomics: How Mass Collaboration Changes Everything. By Don Tapscott, Anthony D. Williams

I decided to re-read this book again. Actually not so much of a full-read but rather reviewing my notes inside the pages. It was a worth exercise to go back and check how the predictions made by Don in 2007 are coming about in 2009 (ie, almost three years later). Certain things are right on the money; others are taking longer than expected. Nonetheless, the change is here; if not necessarily as predicted in this book, there is a massive change indeed.

I will recommend the book again. Just be aware that you will be reading "a film" the end of which you already know. The thrill of reading it back in 2007 is not replicable. However, it is worthwhile noting (I had forgotten) that the book is written in self-contained chapters; so you may select the chapters you are interested rather freely.

No comments:

Post a Comment